Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mad men ending 7th season


Mad men ending 7th season, Creator reveals how 'Mad Men' will end, Will Don Draper be killed off? Mad Men creator reveals plans for surprise ending. Mad Men hero Don Draper will live into his 80s rather than be killed off when the series ends, the show’s creator has revealed.

Matthew Weiner said he has already plotted the future for the chain smoking hero of the popular TV series set in the world of advertising.


The series will come to a close after a seventh season - and Weiner insisted his main character played by Jon Hamm will not be killed off.

He hinted viewers will see ladies man Draper as an old man having retired from a life in the advertising world.



'I do know how the whole show ends,' he said.

'It came to me in the middle of last season. I always felt like it would be the experience of human life. And human life has a destination.

'It doesn't mean Don's going to die. What I'm looking for, and how I hope to end the show, is like... it's 2011. Don Draper would be 84 right now.

'I want to leave the show in a place where you have an idea of what it meant and how it's related to you.'

The latest and fifth season of Mad Men is currently being filmed in Los Angeles and will be shown next March.

All the usual characters, from Draper to his wife Betty, played by January Jones, feature in the series which will be set in the mid 1960s.

Weiner told the Grantland.com website there will be two further series with Mad Men expected to bow out in 2014.

Despite its huge popularity and influence on popular culture Weiner said he does not want to outstay his welcome.

He said:'I was 35 when I wrote the Mad Men pilot, 42 when I got to make it, and I'll be 50 when it goes off the air. So that's what you're going to get. Matthew Weiner, end of "mad men" Don Draper old present time, Mad men ending 7th season, end of "mad men"

'Do I know everything that's going to happen? No, I don't. But I just want it to be entertaining, and I want people to remember it fondly and not think it ended in a fart.'

Source:dailymail