Sunday, February 19, 2012

Peter Kantorowski

Peter Kantorowski, Mary Kantorowski evicted from her home by Peter Kantorowski. Bridgeport, CT (WTNH/CNN) - An elderly woman who pays all of her bills on time is being evicted from her home.

And you will be surprised to see who is making her move.

On Mary Kantorowski's 98th birthday she got an eviction notice from her oldest son, Peter.

"I didn't think he would do it," said Mary.

She sat down with us in her home where she and her late husband, John, raised their family of two sons. Now she has two great-great-grandchildren. Her second son, Jack, is not going along with his brother.



"I just don't understand him at all, what's happening with him, there are no other words to call him, he's just a scum bag," said Jack.

Jack said he lives nearby and checks on his mother nearly every day. There are also neighbors, friends, and a visiting nurse from Bridgeport Hospital. The courts are now involved, an evaluation was done, and Mary was deemed to be competent. The judge assigned Attorney Richard Bortolot as a voluntary conservator.

"I've been practicing a long time, and I've seen a lot of nasty things and this is, you know, he's really made the top ten list," said Bortolot.

They say Mary still pays all of her bills with her social security money, but technically her house is under Peter's name. His parents signed it over to him years ago. WTNH found Peter at his home in Trumbull.

[Reporter]: "What kind of son sends an eviction notice to his mother?"

"Well because I don't like the way she's living over there," said Peter.

Peter hasn't actually seen his mother in eight months, but said she has fallen a few times and he's worried about her safety and security.

[Reporter]: "You claim to have all this information about her and you claim that you're concerned about her but you haven't actually laid eyes on your mother in eight months."

"Well, I can't get in to the house, I don't have the key," said Peter.

[Reporter]: "Please, are you serious?"

"I'm serious, I don't have the key," said Peter.

He said she belongs in a nursing home.

"At her age, at 98, I'm sure that she should be with people of her peers, she should have her meals on time," said Peter.

But he hasn't actually found a nursing home or made any plans for her at all. When pressed, he said his mother could come live with him.

"I'm not throwing her on the street," said Peter.

A family feud that will now have to be settled in court.

"My family's all here. Well I'm all settled here, so you know I've got my friends," said Mary.

Source:http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/304529/28/Mary-Kantorowski-evicted-from-her-home-by-Peter-Kantorowski