Friday, May 27, 2011

Laura Ingraham and apology

Laura Ingraham and apology
Laura Ingraham and apology. Laura Ingraham Accepts Ed Schultz's Apology, Invites Him Back to Conservatism. Laura Ingraham has accepted Ed Schultz's apology for calling her a "right-wing slut" and "talk slut" -- and invited the former conservative back into the fold.

Schultz apologized Wednesday night for the "vile and inappropriate" comments on his radio show, which earned him a week-long suspension from MSNBC.

On her own radio show Thursday, Ingraham said she initially didn't respond to the comments because she wanted to focus on big issues. She said she gets critical emails all the time.

"The more vile the thing that's said about me, the less it affects me," she said.

"Ed Schultz said something about me on his show that was not all that nice, to say the least. It was pretty crude," she continued. "And he apologized, and I accept his apology. It seemed heartfelt, it seemed like he really wished he hadn't said it, and I accept that apology."



She added: "Look, we disgaree on big issues and I'm tough I can take the critique and I can take the humorous crititique. I mean, I'm pretty self-deprecating to myself, right? You've got to be as you get older. You've got to tease yourself. But there's some things we've got to just, kind of -- we don't want to Google our names and find certain words popping up which unfortunately you can't erase."

She also hinted that she wasn't necessarily in favor of Schultz's one-week suspension from MSNBC.

"I wasn't one of these people who was in favor of Imus being taken off the air and treated like he was treated," referring to Don Imus' comments about the Rutgers' women's basketball team. "I mean, he made a mistake and he apologzied, and I think those players accepted his apology back then and... drag him through the streets, that's not what I'm about."

She also noted that Schultz, a left-leaning host, used to be, like her, a conservative. She jokingly called him a "lost sheep" and invited him back to conservatism: "We'll welcome you back with open arms," she said.
Source:thewrap