Friday, February 18, 2011

Will there be a 'Sex and the City 3'? Sarah Jessica Parker votes yes


Still steamed over the two hours of your life you wasted watching Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda go on the middle-aged version of spring break in Abu Dhabi? Sarah Jessica Parker does not feel your pain.

In a sit-down with the Los Angeles Times, the actress reveals that a third "Sex and the City" movie could happen, despite the second's underwhelming response from audiences and critics alike (not to mention those Razzie nominations).

"I would go back," says Parker. "I think there's one more story to tell. I know there is. I'd definitely tell that [third] story, and I know [writer-director] Michael [Patrick King] would do it right. But maybe not now. Maybe in five years, you know?"

As for rumors of a "Sex" prequel starring Blake Lively as a young Carrie Bradshaw during her early days in New York, SJP says no way.
"I was like, 'Wha-a-a-a-t?'" she says. "There are a lot of important and interesting stories that 21-year-olds can tell. I don't begrudge any 21-year-old the opportunity to tell their stories. They prove to us on an everyday basis that they're interesting. Even their narcissism is interesting. Even their inertia is interesting. Even their tonal speech patterns are interesting."

That said, "I don't think we can pretend to go back," asserts Parker. "It's creating two histories. It's like, 'Oh I didn't know that about Carrie Bradshaw.'"
Read More: MSN